25+ Things to do for Valentine's Day
Next Weekend: Plan for Love
On Valentine’s Day in Lake County, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get."
Time to find all the corny movie quotes so you can have them in your arsenal, i.e. "You complete me.", "You had me at hello.", "You’re so beautiful it hurts.", and so on and so forth (just in case you want a good ol' fashioned eye roll).
Lake County has dozens of dinner deals, hotel packages and other unique events going on to show that special someone you care on everyone's favorite Hallmark holiday.
Browse 25 things to do for Valentine’s Day in Lake County and you'll look like a spontaneous genius that makes your significant other repeat the words of a truly eloquent individual:
"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you."
- The legendary and poetic Rick Astley
- Catch a show (Mama Mia! is on stage starting Feb. 8), dinner and a nightcap at the Marriott Lincolnshire Resort and Marriott Theatre
- "Don’t go breakin’ my heart"…or if you do, create a new one with colorful swirly goodness at Peter Patterson Glassworks.
- When it comes to Chicago Botanic Garden – Roses are red, violets are blue, flowers don’t bloom yet (well except, of course, the orchids), so let’s go to The Orchid Show.
- Start a flame of your own as you take your bae out to munch on the juicy steaks and divine spirits at Wildfire Restaurant in Lincolnshire.
- Test your teamwork at 60 to Escape at Gurnee Mills where you'll have 60 minutes to discover codes, solve puzzles, open locks, and find secret entrances all to complete your mission and escape the room. Can you escape in time?
- A relationship always has room for a little friendly competition. Winner of the Libertyville Sports Complex Free-Throw Contest gets dinner as you see who tallies the best percentage from the free-stripe.
- You might as well embrace winter the best way you and your significant other can by taking on Wilmot Mountain by ski, snowboard or tube.
- Refresh your memory during award season as you and the misses or mister view a flick on the big screen at Marcus Gurnee Cinema at Gurnee Mills or AMC Hawthorn 12 at Hawthorn Mall.
- Wet your whistle at Lake County’s first craft distillery: North Shore Distillery in Libertyville.
- Choose from an eclectic and classic collection of shops and eateries as you take a romantic stroll through Historic Long Grove.
- Pamper yourself along with your spouse or significant other with a delicious, warming merlot from Lynfred Winery in Wheeling.
- Enjoy champagne and chocolates with the love of your life in an unforgettable overnight stay at the Hyatt Regency in Deerfield.
- Jump for joy at an auspicious experience as you plan for fun at Jump America in Gurnee.
- If you’re utilizing this holiday to make a proposal of sorts – the perfect venue is USML in Mundelein.
- Valentine’s Day is all about the sweets, which means a chocolate-infused meal is a perfect idea at the Chocolate Sanctuary in Gurnee.
- If you have the inclination of taking a winter stroll, head to one of the trails in Lake County Forest Preserves for some cross-country skiing.
- Give your loved one some sugar from Sweet Pete's Candy. Bring in their favorite wine or liqueur and Sweet Pete's will dip the entire bottle in chocolate while you wait! Now that's an indulgent gift.
Photo courtesy of Little Lake County.
For more events occuring on Valentine's Day, continue here.
For restaurant specials, continue here.
For hotel packages, continue here.