Let the ride take you...
A three day tour to amazing hidden gems just north of Chicago!
- Have an intmiate experience of watching the beautiful, all white Lipizzan horses in training at Tempel Lipizzans. Tucked inside the Ice house Mall, Chessie's restaurant gives you a glimplse into Barington's past. See the former Barrington train depot and dine in an authentic train car.
- Place de la Musique or the Sanfilippo Estate is a truly unique experience. This 44,000-square-foot home where your group will get a mini-concert played on a 1927 Wurlitzer pipe organ. Be inspired by their unique collection of musical machines, Tiffany lamps, and an Eden Palaise carousel from 1890 France.
- At the Wildlife Discovery Center your group can learn about Lake County's native wildlife and then visit the gardens of Elawa Farm.
- Visit the Popcorn Factory and shop for delicious treats to bring home from the original popcorn-in-a-tin company.
- Get a glimpse of classic Hollywood in the Genesee Theatre. This 1920s movie palace in Waukegan was the home of Jack Benny and many of his movie premiers.
- Enjoy a delicious dinner, catered in by The Shanty, which was showcased by the Food Network's Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.
- Explore over a century of America's history at the Great Lakes Naval Museum.
- Learn about the man and his mission at the Adlai Stevenson Home, now designated as a national Historic Landmark. See how Fort Sheridan began and how its legacy lives on with a windshield tour of the surrounding grounds and homes. A walk of the grounds is available along with a grat group photo
opportunity in the red hawk nest sculpture.
- Nearby, Sullivan's Steakhouse offers a feast for the eyes and the palette, and Lynfred Winery's newest store offers wines from Illinois' oldest winery.
On their way home, your group will be amazed while reflecting on all of the amazing sites tucked away in Lake County, and be glad they didn't have to visit a big city to be impressed!
However you choose to piece together your tour, your knowledgeable Lake County coordinator Jayne Nordstrom will be on hand to assist you.