Family Reunion Planning Guide
Planning your Lake County family reunion has never been easier...
People connect in the wide-open spaces and fun-filled places of Lake County, Illinois. Featuring world-class attractions like Six Flags Great America, Chicago Botanic Garden, and Gurnee Mills, Lake County also boasts more than 75 inland lakes, 25,000 acres of forest preserves, 37 public golf courses and two state parks.
In addition, Lake County offers:
- Convenient location close to Chicago and O'Hare International Airport
- Hundreds of restaurants
- More than 60 hotels and three resorts
- Free parking
- Complimentary services, such as customized itineraries
To make planning your next tour, meeting or event as easy as possible, the Lake County, Illinois Convention & Visitors Bureau will work with our hotels, attractions, and other facilities to collect proposals that help meet your budget. Plus, we have free Lake County images available for you to share with your clients or guests.
You'll find the perfect space to reconnect with your family in Lake County, Illinois. Home to 75 inland lakes, 37 public golf courses, nearly 31,000 acres of lush forest preserves, and two state parks, unsurpassed natural beauty abounds in Lake County. Located just 30 miles north of Chicago, Lake County is easily accessible from area airports. Offering a host of family-friendly attractions as well as family picnic facilities, complimentary welcome bags and giveaways, Lake County is the natural choice for your next family reunion
Plan the perfect reunion for your family in Lake County, where you'll find:
- Six Flags Great America - Featuring 13 incredible coasters plus Hurricane Harbor, with 25 water slides, 500,000-gallon wave pool, and Skull Island, the world's largest interactive water playground
- Gurnee Mills - "Where Great Shopping Lives," with 220 stores, including outlet, discount and specialty retailers
- Chicago Botanic Garden - Experience 26 gardens in one and explore three greenhouses filled with colorful and exotic plants from around the globe
- Lake County Discovery Museum - Currently closed. Reopening in 2017 at the new Libertyville location.
- Long Grove Historic Village - More than 80 specialty shops and restaurants set within historic buildings amid colorful gardens
- Cuneo Museum and Gardens - Tour an opulent Venetian-style mansion, private chapel, and 75 acres of formal gardens
- Independence Grove - Enjoy a family picnic at this scenic forest preserve centered around a 115-acre lake offering boating, fishing and swimming
- Libertyville Sports Complex - "Where Families Come Out to Play," featuring a fitness center, driving range, mini golf, rock climbing and more
For family reunion personal planning assistance, contact us at 800-Lake-Now or email us.
Return to Family Reunions Guide