45+ Ways to Treat Dad to a Happy Father's Day in Lake County 2023
By: Jonathan Jones 06/05/2023
Show Papa Smurf how much you care using one of these 45+ ways to treat dad to a happy Father's Day in Lake County.
You can show your dad how much you love them in many ways: a homemade card, a piece of his favorite pie from one of the farmer’s markets, take flight at Extreme Flight Simulation or make it a thrill ride at Six Flags Great America.
Whatever it is you do for Papa Bear day, they’d probably appreciate if you didn’t get them a commander-in-chef or a grillmaster apron.
Here are 45+ ways to treat dad to a Happy Father's Day in Lake County. All of these events run from June 15-19.
- FORE! Challenge dad to a game of golf at one of Lake County’s many courses. INFO»
- Treat dad for a bite to eat at the Board Room's Father's Day Brunch. INFO»
- See the legendary rock band in Chicago who's the first American group to chart Top 40 Albums in six consecutive decades. INFO»
- With Chicago hosting NASCAR downtown this summer, visit the Dunn Museum for its Lake County Racing History exhibit on display through September 10. INFO»
- Fall in love at first bite in July as Six Flags Great America's Flavors of the World Festival opens running through July 23. INFO»
- Create a glass planet masterpiece with dear old dad at Mundelein's Peter Patterson Glassworks. INFO»
- Corny dad puns can be halted for a moment as individuals with zillions of zingers grace the Improv Playhouse in Libertyville. INFO»
- Catch the band The Complex at the It's Thursday Concerts in Antioch. INFO»
- Doesn't dad always say he never gets the biggest steak for dinner? Not this time. Treat dad to a 35 oz prime tomahawk of Fleming's Steakhouse's three-course meal. INFO»
- Lay down a straight flush with dad at a Texas Hold'em table at The Temporary at American Place in Waukegan. INFO»
- Pop may be behind the times, but you can never turn down an old-fashioned with him at five different Lake County distilleries on the libation trail. INFO»
- Take dad in for a peak of small businesses, artists, chefs, manufacturers and more as you visit one or more of Lake County's Illinois Makers. INFO»
- Get your hook, line and sinker ready with daddio as you try to catch muskie, crappies, bluegills, perch and walleyes at Dick Schick's Annual Fishing Derby in Lake Zurich. INFO»
- Peruse dozens of classic cars in mint condition as the weather warms up and these sporty, flashy, tanky and just flat-out beautiful whips invade the streets to the delight of dad at Gold Pyramid. INFO»
- View the legendary Ruth Page Center of the Arts from Chicago cut a rug on the Ravinia Festival stage on June 15 and 17. INFO»
- Make dad become the family's new mixologist as he will be the cocktail aficionado at North Shore Distillery's summer cocktail class. INFO»
- Take dad out for a free concert in the park in Mundelein featuring the Rockin' Fenderskirts. INFO»
- Get ready for the Juneteenth Expo featuring V103 host Dani D., raffles, bounce houses and more in North Chicago. INFO»
- Are you hooked on fishing? Reel in the "catch of the day" with dad on one of the land of lakes 75 inland lakes. INFO»
- Show dad who the real jive turkey is by getting a strike trifecta at Kristof's Entertainment Center in Round Lake Beach. INFO»
- Recline and relax on the lawn while listening to the sweet sounds of Hillbilly Rockstarz at Summer in the Shire. INFO»
- Savory eats and wonderful conversation with dad at Beelow's Steakhouse's Father's Day Brunch. INFO»
- Give dear old dad the gift of boating certification as Boat America hosts an in-depth safety course at Waukegan Harbor. INFO»
- "Whoa, smokestack lightnin'!" Bust a move at Blues Fest in Long Grove that's "Shinin' just like gold." INFO»
- Get dad his wings as he takes his frequent flyer miles on with 15 percent off Extreme Flight Simulation in the Gurnee facility's NG737 simulator. INFO»
- Celebrate freedom at the Juneteenth Cookout featuring the Big Drew Experience in Zion. INFO»
- Catch over 500 butterflies from four different continents at Chicago Botanic Garden's Butterflies & Blooms exhibit. INFO»
- Celebrate love with your family at the City of Progress’s official LGBTQIA+ festival, Waukegan PrideDrive. INFO»
- Dad screams, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Gobble down an ice cream cone or six at Sweet Home Gelato in Libertyville or Covered Bridge Creamery in Long Grove.
- Coast through Independence Grove Forest Preserve with dad as your crew buddy on the evening nature paddle. INFO»
- You may not be able to travel to the Aloha State with dad, but the next best thing is visiting Vigneto del Bino's Hawaiian-themed, wine-pairing dinner. INFO»
- Take a historic journey as the Haines House Museum in Waukegan provides an educational bust tour of historic African American sites throughout Lake County in its Juneteenth Journey. INFO»
- Watch six-time Grammy-winning Ms. Lauryn Hill perform hits from her album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" considered one of the most celebrated albums ever. INFO»
- Fill papa bear's belly with food truck fare providing barbecue, innovative sandwiches, seafood options, international eats and so much more at Lincolnshire's Food Truck Lunch. INFO»
- Cool it on the dad jokes! Four comedians visit the Citadel Theatre for its "Guffaws for a Cause" fundraiser featuring Rick Young, Colleen Brennan, Chris Murray and Soli Santos. INFO»
- Watch Lake County’s trustiest steeds at Tempel Farms trot off to their 61st season. INFO»
- Clink mugs with dad as you take him out for an adventure on the Lake County Libation Trail. INFO»
- Take the time machine back to the good old days as you and dad can reminisce the past at Zion's Nostalgia Days. INFO»
- The National Museum of the American Sailor features its Navy Tails exhibit that tells the story of our four-legged seamen. INFO»
- Take dad to the moon and back as you force dad to go on one of the many carnival rides at Libertyville’s biggest party of the year: Libertyville Days. INFO»
- Munch on brunch with many farm animals, doggos and kitties at Lambs Farm's Magnolia Café Father's Day Brunch. INFO»
- Naturalist Fred leads a Tamarack View Trail tour at Volo Bog State Natural Area: Illinois lone quaking bog. INFO»
- Bully your dad, mom, siblings and their significant others as you collide at Vernon Hills' WhirlyBall for bumper car lacrosse. INFO»
- Let's leave the jokes up to the pros. Comedian Jim Breuer comes through town right before Father's Day for a Thursday night laugh session. INFO»
- Indulge with the wine snob guy in your life, as the Lake County Libation Trail features six wineries for a delectable glass of vino. INFO»
- You know dad is a sucker for sweets. That's why Tony Cannoli's Specialty Pastries in Mundelein is the perfect gift for that special guy in your life. INFO»
- Gaze upon various art mediums at ArtWauk while walking down historic Genesee Street in Waukegan with daddy long legs. INFO»
- Gone fishing? Cast your bait in a free catch and release pond at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World.
- Peruse the local eats of Lake County's farmers markets, especially if dad is a pie lover. INFO»
For more ways to treat dad to a Happy Father's Day in Lake County, continue here. If you're looking to plan for what you are doing next weekend, click here to see the summer festival season schedule.