The northern Illinois area is rich in farms, gardens and charming shopping villages. Immerse your group – maybe a garden club or ladies group in this group-friendly location.
- Arrive at 10 a.m. before public access at Richardson Adventure Farm in Spring Grove for Tulip Fest (mid-April thru mid-May) or Sunflower Fest (August). Get a personalized meet & greet, time to shop the gift shop and use the restrooms. Then your coach will take you to the flower fields.
- Lunch is at the new Rivalry Alehouse in Antioch.
- Take some time to wander Main Street Antioch with eclectic shops including several antique stores.
- Meet up at Lovin Oven Cakery for dessert, afterwards everyone can take home a tulip or sunflower cookie.
- Board the coach to visit Antioch’s own Vigneto del Bino for a tour & tasting at a family-owned vineyard and winery.
- Check into your local hotel, Gurnee is a convenient location with several options including full and limited service, such as Holiday Inn Chicago North - Gurnee and Hampton Inn - Gurnee.
- Get your giggles on with “Chocolate and Mayhem” at The Chocolate Sanctuary. A chocolate themed dinner with the Improv Playhouse’s “Love You to Death” interactive murder mystery. Upgrade your dessert to a wine and chocolate pairing is an insider’s secret.
- Return to your hotel for a maybe a nightcap and a great night’s sleep.
- After breakfast the next morning, consider a stop at the Chicago Botanic Garden. There are several options depending on your group’s mobility and interest. The Grand Tram, a hands-on activity, morning concert, special exhibit and more are available.
- Consider this hidden gem, Historic Downtown Long Grove is famous for their tulips along the cobblestone pathways with their quaint shops and restaurants.
- August is a good time to see summer flowers in bloom at Wandering Tree Estate, the home of The Train Lady. Have lunch at Chessie’s in the train car. Extend our tour another day with some music and sculptures with music on the lawn at Ravinia Festival.
No matter how you build this tour, Lake County has many options for nature enthusiasts! Contact Jayne Nordstrom, or call directly 847-662-3993 to start creating this tour today!