Let the ride take you...
A special two day tour that takes you to spooky spaces around Lake County.
- Start your day with a tour of Illinois' only quaking bog at Volo Bog State Natural Area where you'll learn about the origin of the "boogiemen" as the morning mist fuels the imagination.
- Visit a confirmed haunting sight at the Volo Auto Museum, once investigated by Discovery Channel's Ghost Lab. Keep a look out for the "Shadowman", a Civil War soldier who continues to roam the area.
- Continue on to Historic Long Grove for a walking tour with the historical society and hear some urban legends and stories. A delicious themed lunch at The Village Tavern is a special treat.
- Begin your day with a Behind the Scenes tour of Dungeon of Doom Haunted Attraction. Named one of the nation's best 'haunts', your group will learn the psychology of the scare + mechanics that make this attraction terrifying!
- Head for a tour of the Gold Pyramid House where strange happenings led to a mysterious moat, where there shouldn't be one. Lunch is catered inside the house by the Triple D restaurant - The Shanty.
- The Genesee Theatre is not without its haunts. Take a fascinating tour through this 1920's movie palace, learn about the theatre's origins, histories and ghost stories.
You might want to stop by some of our many other fall festivals such as AppleFest & OctoberFest in Long Grove. And pick up some seasonal sweets at the Long Grove Confectionery Company, The Popcorn Factory, Didier Farms or Jelly Belly. You can't forget the treats this time of the year!!
However you choose to piece together your tour, your knowledgeable Lake County tour coordinator Jayne Nordstrom will be on hand to assist you.