Everybody's Irish During Lake County's St. Patrick's Day
By: Jonathan Jones 03/02/2023
It's the luck of the Irish, as your lucky charm blog has the complete guide to St. Patrick's Day in Lake County.
Green beverages shall be passed around, maybe a folk song (or “Danny Boy” far too many times) will be sung and clinks of beer mugs will resonate through the air. But, besides beer, these places provide your St. Paddy’s Day starter kit: potatoes, corned beef, cabbage and shepherd’s pie.
The Windy City may be dying the river emerald, Lake County will paint the county green! Erin Go Bragh in Lake County! Have a shamrockin’ St. Patrick’s Day in the land of lakes located just north of Chicago! Here are a few things to do as we celebrate the leprechaun festivities.
- Are you going to a St. Patrick's Day celebration? You must dress to impress in your Paddy's bestest from The Irish Boutique in Long Grove. Peruse for half-century-old mom-and-pop shop for Celtic jewelry, clothing, traditional eats, gifts and so much more all year round. INFO»
- Grayslake paints the village green with its St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl including VLC partners Light the Lamp Brewery, 129 Center Cut, The Vine Wine and Martini Bar and more. (3/18) INFO»
- Put the emerald in Green Town Tavern during its St. Patrick’s Day festivities. The Waukegan tavern will have a variety of food specials combined with the acoustic sounds of the Sipos & Young band. (3/17) INFO»
- Spend the day at Port of Blarney Friday and Saturday evenings for live performances Jess Piano and Vision in Rhythm, amazing St. Paddy's specials will be offered on eats, including corned beef and cabbage dinner. (3/17-18) INFO»
- Stroll, run or karaoke to Harbor Brewing Co.'s second installment of its St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl in Lake Villa following the Lake Villa St. Paddy's Day parade. (3/11) INFO»
- The land of lakes' eldest craft brewery, Mickey Finn's in Libertyville, serves traditional Irish eats for nine days to savor, complemented by live entertainment. (3/11-19) INFO»
- Channel your Riverdance energy as the McNulty Dancers create foot thunder on the floors of Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills. (3/18) INFO»
- Whiskey and St. Patrick's Day go together like shepherd's pie and cabbage. Visit the North Shore Distillery for its 2023 American Malt Whiskey release. (3/17-18) INFO»
- Experience a traditional Irish dinner for at Wildfire Restaurant in Lincolnshire's St. Paddy's Day. (3/16-17) INFO»
- Beelow's Steakhouse in Lake Zurich created an exclusive St. Patrick's Day menu to transport you across the pond to Ireland. (3/17) INFO»
- Quitters don’t “tri” and triathletes don’t quit. Dive in and lace up your sneakers this St. Patrick's Day in Vernon Hills's Tri Your Luck triathlon. (3/11) INFO»
- We all know we "Erin go Bragh" 365 days a year at Timothy O'Toole's in Lake Villa, Libertyville and Gurnee, but on March 17, the Irish pub has a sort of je ne sais quoi.
- Gather the crew for a bumping good time at WhirlyBall. The Vernon Hills facility's St. Patrick's Day Family Fun Bash features bumper cars, laser tag, arcade games and delicious food. (3/11) INFO»
- A bit of college hoops and holiday Harps is just what the doctor ordered at The Side Lot in Wauconda. (3/16-17) INFO»
- Irish eats, Lake County libations and bangers strummed by Scottish fiddler Shannon Mustard at Wild Onion Brewery in Lake Barrington are on the docket for the Irish holiday. (3/17) INFO»
- The MainStreet Libertyville Lake County Libation Trail partner and 95 WIIL Rock will host a live broadcast show at Mickey Finn’s Brewery to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. The event also features bagpipers, Irish-themed eats, green libations and live tunes. (3/17) INFO»
- Sláinte to ones health at Vigneto del Bino Winery in Antioch for its vino pairing Irish theme (3/18) INFO»
- That old leprechaun always has tricks up his sleeve. It's no different for Fatmans Gurnee, where they'll be serving up a little taste of Ireland at their St. Fatty's Weekend Celebration as well as bingo and live performances by a bagpiper and Dave & Taro. (3/16-18) INFO»
- Sprint for lucky charms at Deer Park St. Paddy’s 5K & 10K Run/Walk and receive a pullover and a finisher pint glass as you compete in a Deer Park Town Center jog. (3/18) INFO»
- It's magically delicious. Take your lucky charm out for a St. Pat's Day dinner at Oaken and stay overnight at The Forester in Lake Forest. (3/17) INFO»
- Harbor Kitchen and Tap takes you to Island time with Irish isle-styled eats throughout St. Patrick's Day and beyond. (3/13-19) INFO»
- Don’t be like Sam I Am. Devour green eggs and hash at Buffalo Creek Brewing Co.’s, St. Paddy's Day celebration. The Long Grove brewhub also features live entertainment. (3/17-18) INFO»
- Live music, a thin mint stout beer release and live tunes are on the docket for Black Lung Brewing Co.'s two-day St. Patrick's Day Party (3/17-18) INFO»
- Dine along the Bangs Lake’s sandy shores as Lindy’s Landing serves all the fixin’s for its St. Patrick’s Friday After Party. The Wauconda eatery also serve Irish-inspired dishes through March 20 if you can't make the party. The live entertainment includes Duane Hanson, the Northern Illinois Pipes & Drums, the McNulty Dancers and more. (3/16-20) INFO»
- Learn how to make Gaelic cuisine from Chef Mario at The Joyful Gourmet and dine on beef brisket, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, an Irish pub salad and more. A glass of vino complements dinner and all merchandise is 10% off that day. INFO»
- Here’s to a long life and a merry one. Head to Peter Patterson Glassworks to create your own shamrock this St. Paddy's Day. You can choose from a spectrum of colors for your glass creation, so obviously, it will be dressed in green flair. (3/5-13) INFO»
- St. Paddy's Day and ArtWauk in Waukegan go together like corned beef in cabbage. Check out the awesome art mediums while celebrating everyone's favorite green holiday. (3/18) INFO»
- You better believe you'll hear some bagpipe action playing at Lake Villa’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Luncheon. The parade route will begin at Palombi School and run for a half-mile, ending at the Lake Villa train station. Immediately following the outdoor festivities, there will be an annual Corned Beef and Cabbage Luncheon at the Lake Villa VFW Hall. (3/17) INFO»
- Dress your little lads and lassies in green and celebrate Lake Bluff's St. Patrick's Day Parade. (3/19) INFO»
- Swim for your pot of gold at the Waukegan Park District's St. Patrick's Day Family Swim. (3/18) INFO»
- Leapin' leprechauns, it's a leprechaun leap. Search around downtown Highland Park at over 24 businesses for the dapper green gent sitting on a ledge, and visitors could receive a gold coin for the $100 gift card raffle. (3/1-17) INFO»
- All the sweet lucky charms will be available when you create confections at the Luck of the Irish Cookie Decorating at The Joyful Gourmet (3/17) INFO»
For other ways to celebrate everyone's favorite Irish holiday, continue here. To learn more about the land of lakes dining options, click here.
5465 West Grand Avenue, Suite 100
Gurnee, Illinois 60031
Developed by J Rudny, LLC
© Copyright 2006-2023 Lake County, Illinois Convention & Visitors Bureau. All Rights Reserved.